You can use this checklist to review children's prior learning and help plan your teaching across the block.
Check that children can already:
- talk about how they solve problems, using the vocabulary of addition and subtraction and number sentences to describe and record their work
- count reliably at least 20 objects; estimate a number of objects that can be checked by counting
- read and write numerals from 0 to 20, and order these numbers on a number line
- say the number that is one more or less than any given number, and ten more or less than a multiple of ten
- understand that addition can be done in any order and relate addition to counting
- understand subtraction as 'take away' and counting back, and find a difference by counting up
- recognise the value of coins.