In 2009-10, Tate welcomed over 7 million visitors into its galleries. Some 445 new works of art were added to the Collection and over 1 million people participated in Tate Learning programmes and activities. The generosity of our supporters made much of this possible.
In 1897 Henry Tate gave 65 paintings to the nation. Today the Tate Collection has grown to an incredible 67,900 artworks. This wouldn’t have been possible without your help. Tate is a charity, and each year, the gallery receives approximately 40% of the running costs from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport. The remaining 60% comes from other sources, including donations.
We rely on gifts of all sizes from individuals, trusts, foundations and organisations. With your help we’re able to continue to provide access to art for all.
Make a Donation
By making a gift today you can support Tate and help secure its future development.