Thursday, 02 Jun 2011
Ghana - Redevelopment and Expansion of Takoradi Port
In response to the growing needs of the maritime industry in Ghana and the rapidly growing demands of the oil, gas and agriculture industries, the Government of Ghana (GoG), acting through the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) under the Ministry of Transport, has proposed to re-develop and expand designs of the maritime facilities in Ghana. The works, to be executed in phases will include the dredging of the Takoradi Port to the depths in excess of 14m Chart Datum, construction of breakwater and quay walls, reclamation and concrete block paving works, amongst others.
The scope of works under this Phase I will cover the detailed design and construction of the following:
a) Dredging in rock of about 3.5million m3 of material to provide depths of up to 16m of water in the harbour basin.
b) About 500,000m2 of reclamation of pavement works.
c) About 1850m of concrete quay walls, 1150 of rubble-mount breakwater and 2700m of rock armour revetment.
GPHA now invites interested and competent marine contractors to state their Expression of interest to participate in the above EPC Tender. Interested bidders must provide the following information in their statement of interest:
1) Details of their companies and their experience in the execution of similar works within the last five to ten years.
2) Details of at least five largest projects executed satisfactorily in recent times.
3) Financial statement of the company for the last three financial years, indicating annual turnover.
4) Organizational structure, indicating management structures and general manning levels.
5) Indication of their ability to support their Engineering Proposals with the Procurement of adequate funds to support the Construction works under an EPC contract.
Last date for receipt of request for clarifications is 10th June 2011.
UK companies interested in this opportunity and requiring more information are urged to contact UKTI Ghana by registering your interest below asap.
Opportunity Type: Major Projects
Response deadline: 15/06/2011
Tender deadline: 27/06/2011
This opportunity is now closed.
Further live opportunities are available throughout the site.
Use the search facility on the right of this page, or view the appropriate sector and country landing pages, for more details.