To achieve the goal of best superfast broadband network in Europe and to ensure that by 2015 every household and business can access a basic level of broadband, BDUK is engaging with a wide range of stakeholders (including the ‘industry’, public sector bodies, OFCOM, regional bodies and community groups) to:
- Develop the commercial and delivery models that will be used for investing public money in broadband
- Plan and execute 4 superfast broadband pilots to ensure that the maximum information is gained for targeting potential future government intervention
- Investigate the detail of reuse of public sector networks and assets, identify the challenges and develop solutions
- Develop tools and guidance for communities to come together to help solve their broadband issues
- Develop tools and guidance for local authorities wishing to help solve broadband issues in their areas.
Read more about: