The Electoral Commission is an independent body set up by the UK Parliament. Our aim is integrity and public confidence in the democratic process.
We work to:
- register political parties
- make sure people understand and follow the rules on party and election finance
- publish details of where parties and candidates get money from and how they spend it
- set the standards for running elections and report on how well this is done
- make sure people understand it is important to register to vote, and know how to vote
http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ [external website]