This section provides information on training for people involved in the aviation, maritime or road transport sectors:
- Aviation Security Training - guidance for certified DfT trainers to enable them to deliver primarily to UK Aerodrome managers, Aircraft Operators in the UK, Security Approved Air Cargo Agents and in-flight Supplies Companies on aviation security.
- Maritime Security Training - guidance on how to become a PFSO (Port Facility Security Officer) trainer, a list of PFSO training providers and a list of training aids for use by the maritime industry.
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods by road - guidance to support the security training of personnel involved in the carriage of Dangerous Goods by road in line with ADR.
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods by rail - guidance to support the security training of personnel involved in the carriage of Dangerous Goods in line with RID.
- Recognition of Firearms, Explosives and Incendiary Devices (RFX) - guidance for transport industry security instructors working for airports, airlines and their agents, in flight supplies undertakings, secure clean contractors, air cargo agents, ship and port operators and their agents, Channel Tunnel operators and railway industry trainers. Attendance will enable them to organise and conduct initial and recurrent training courses in recognition of firearms, explosives and incendiary devices for transport security personnel. (Note that details of the RFX courses are included in the entry for Aviation Security Training but the course is relevant and open to security trainers from all modes).
For related documents, pages and internet links, see the column on the right.