This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.

Internal reviews

If you wish make a complaint about how the IPC has dealt with a request you have made under the Freedom of Information Act or the Environmental Information Regulations or you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the consideration of your request you can ask the IPC’s Quality Assurance Team to carry out an internal review. You can do this by email at or you can write to us at:

Infrastructure Planning Commission
Temple Quay House
Temple Quay

Please let us have the reference number of the request for information you made to us (this will be on the letter or email we sent to you responding to your request). We will endeavour to deal with your complaint as soon as possible. When we have carried out our review we will let you know whether we accept that your request was handled wrongly and if so what we will do to put this right.

If your complaint relates to a request under the Environmental Information Regulations and you think that we have failed to comply with the Regulations (for example because you think we have incorrectly applied one of the exceptions) you must request the internal review within 40 working days of when you think we failed to comply (in other words the date of our reply).

If you are still dissatisfied following our internal review you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner at the following address:

Compliance Team (Complaints)
The Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 01625 545700
Fax: 01625 524510

You can also find information on the Information Commissioner’s website about when and how to complain.
If you are not happy with the decision of the Information Commissioner you have a right of appeal to the First-tier Tribunal (Information Rights). For more information about how to appeal to this Tribunal you should contact the Information Commissioner or view details on the website