Although the work is aimed at improving the Thameslink network, Tube customers will also enjoy several benefits when the station re-opens, including:
- Quicker and easier changing between National Rail and Tube stations
- New escalators from the platforms to a new larger Underground ticket hall area, which will include a new control room and security system
- Step-free access for passengers wishing to interchange between the Tube and National Rail stations, and to or from street level
- Quicker access to refurbished Tube station platforms
- Improved PA, lighting and station security systems
If your journey is affected by the closure, please check alternative routes.