The National Traffic Control Centre collects real-time information on road conditions.
Our traffic forecaster can help get you there quicker
Map of the Highways Agency road network
The Highways Agency is responsible for the construction and maintenance of motorways and major trunk roads in England. This is the strategic network of roads used to move people and freight around the country. See below for a map of our network.
Please note that we do not manage all roads in Britain:
- Roads in England not shown on the map below are managed by Local Authorities. A list of local authorities and links to their websites is available on Directgov
- Trunk roads and motorways in Scotland are the responsibility of Transport Scotland and those in Wales are the responsibility of the Welsh Assembly Government
You can also:
- View a larger version of the network map (131KB GIF)
- View the Map of Motorway Service Areas (573KB PDF)
- View a map which shows the Areas for Maintenance and Improvement of the Trunk Road Network managed by the Agency: Network Management Map (PDF 5MB) .
- Find out more about how we manage and maintain our roads
- Visit the Road Projects section to locate and learn more about ongoing Highways Agency projects
- View real time traffic information for our roads using our Traffic England service