Evidence based report submitted by key stakeholders in the shipping industry about differential pay for seafarers on grounds of nationality.
- 09 June 2010
Includes an investigation into the disappearance of the M.V. Derbyshire oil tanker and an inquiry into safety on the river Thames.
Includes information for those considering a career at sea, tonnage tax training commitment forms and the Government's response to the Freight Study Group's report into increasing freight traffic on inland waterways.
The following content is available from the Department for Transport web archive .
- Government response to the EU Maritime Green Paper
- Voluntary IMO audit scheme - Final Report of the UK Maritime Administration (PDF - 132 KB)
Environment- liability and compensation
- Command and control
- Command and control: Government's interim response to the recommendations
- Establishment of Marine Environmental High Risk Areas (MEHRAs)
- Establishment of Marine Environmental High Risk Areas (MEHRAs) (PDF - 1000,000 KB)
- The Sea Empress incident: Summary of report
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre .
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.