Freight Modal Choice Study
- Department for Transport
- Date published:
- 01 April 2010
The Freight Modal Choice Study aims to confirm the economic, social and environmental benefits of current freight movements by non-road modes on national network corridors and to identify where changes in future modal choice, from road to rail or water, could achieve appropriate outcomes on the network. This includes consideration of the capacity and capability of the national infrastructure to accommodate these changes in modal choice.
- Freight Modal Choice Study - Introduction (PDF - 33 KB)
- Freight Modal Choice Study - Behavioural barriers and factors influencing modal choice (PDF - 2877 KB)
- Freight Modal Choice Study: Addressable Markets (PDF - 3100 KB)
- Network analysis of freight traffic (PDF - 1354 KB)
- Appendix 1 (PDF - 1057 KB)
- Appendix 2 (PDF - 3665 KB)
- Appendix 3 (PDF - 3333 KB)
- Appendix 4 (PDF - 5542 KB)
- Appendix 5 (PDF - 883 KB)
- Appendix 6 (PDF - 5831 KB)
- Appendix 7 (PDF - 1097 KB)
- Appendix 8 (PDF - 1012 KB)
- Network Analysis of Freight Traffic: Additional Data (PDF - 1748 KB)
Order printed copies
This publication is only available online.
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre .
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.