Assistant IT Liaison Manager Band B
Summary Information for vacancy - reference OFG/613
Office of Gas and Electricity Markets
£24300 - £28150 Per Annum
SW1P 3GE, City of Westminster, Greater London, London
27 April 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
Information Technology, Programme and Project Management
In recent years Ofgem has been given responsibility for managing a number of statutory environmental and social programmes within the energy sector on behalf of Government. The New Schemes Development team within Ofgem E-Serve focuses on the up-front development of the arrangements and systems for the effective management of some of these schemes. Two positions are now available with a focus on the development and ongoing support of systems used to administer these schemes.
This role will focus on the specification, development and effective operation of the IT systems used to administer the Feed in Tariff (FIT) Scheme and the Renewables Obligation (RO).
• Assist with the development of IT system requirements and process maps as required for the implementation of performance and legislative enhancements to the Renewables & CHP Register.
• Conduct thorough user acceptance testing of system functionality prior to release to ensure that systems meet appropriate business and legislative requirements.
• Assist in the preparation of appropriate training and guidance material for users and stakeholders and in the running of training sessions/workshops.
• Once operational, manage and track helpdesk calls raised in respect of system support requests, ensuring that calls are dealt with within SLA timescales.
• Identify and assess improvements which can be made to systems once operational.
• Working on ad-hoc projects as requested.
English language skills
• IT literate with proven expertise in the use of spreadsheets and databases.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Strong numerical skills and good attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification(s).
• Project management skills.
• IT system development and/or testing experience.
• Proven ability to work well in a team.
• Proven customer service experience and communication skills.
• An interest in energy and environmental issues (desirable).
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit www.ofgemjobs.co.uk