Terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions govern your use of our website and by using our site you are agreeing to them. If you do not agree to these terms please leave immediately.
These terms and conditions will continue to apply if you register with the national Business Link website. (The Commissioners for Revenue & Customs (HMRC), 100 Parliament Street, London SW1A 2BQ).
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time and so you should check here regularly. Your continued use of the website after any change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
2. What you should know about our information
Our information is provided free of charge and is intended to be helpful to a large range of UK-based businesses. Because of its general nature the information cannot be taken as comprehensive and should never be used as a substitute for legal or professional advice. We cannot guarantee that the information applies to the individual circumstances of your business. Despite our best efforts it is possible that some information may be out of date.
As a result:
- The website operators cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions.
- You should always follow the links to more detailed information from the relevant government department or agency.
- Any reliance you place on our information or that linked to on other websites will be at your own risk. You should consider seeking the advice of independent advisers, and should always check your decisions against your normal business methods and best practice in your field of business.
- The website operators, their agents and employees, are not liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of our websites, other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by their negligence or in respect of fraud.
3. What you should know about the other sites we link to
Links will lead to other websites. Although checked regularly, they are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using the information or services on linked websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time.
Our websites do not endorse or favour any specific commercial product or business. Non-government sites linked to from this website are present only because they may be useful additions to the information we provide. A link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement. Use your own business judgement to decide whether the information or service on that website is suitable for your needs. If a website is not linked to, this does not mean or imply that it is unsatisfactory. The linked websites are regularly reviewed in the light of customer usage and feedback.
4. What you should know about our transactional services
We offer a range of transactional services under the Government Gateway security system. These are the terms and conditions specific to these services:
- You are responsible for keeping your security details private.
- If you use these services from outside the UK, you are responsible for ensuring your use conforms with your national laws.
- If we take payment for a transaction, our liability is limited to the amount you have paid for the transaction.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of any particular service. We may change a service without warning and we may stop offering a service at any time.
- We reserve the right to exclude a particular user from a service, and/or delete their details, if they abuse it (which could include, but is not limited to, hacking, submission of obscenities, fraud or the spreading of computer viruses).
- If we present you with a set of terms and conditions specific to a particular service, they override these general terms and conditions.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
5. Virus protection
We make every effort to check and test our websites during production. However, we would advise you to run an anti-virus program on anything you download from the internet. We accept no liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system or your data caused by using this website or arising as a result of having used the website.
6. Applicable law
This website and the use of it is governed by English law and English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes connected to our websites.