Time to allow for completing the online questionnaire
We estimate 10 minutes per adult, a few minutes per child, and less than 10 minutes for the household and visitor questions.
We estimate that an individual questionnaire should take about 10 minutes to complete.
The total time it takes to complete the 2011 Census online questionnaire will vary with each household. Things that could affect the time it takes include:
• the number of people in your household and their ages
• how many visitors you have staying overnight on Sunday 27 March
• the speed and reliability of your internet connection
• whether you are using accessibility tools, for example screen readers
• whether the information you need is readily to hand