Publications: Consultation Responses
Guide Dogs consultation on the 'Guide Dogs Strategy for 2010-2020'
1. Thank you for your recent letter with the details of your proposed strategy for 2010-2020 and we welcome the opportunity of commenting.
2. We have been very happy to work with Guide Dogs over the years and we have always taken a keen interest in your various campaigns - most recently regarding shared surfaces. Conversely we appreciate the support we have had from Guide Dogs in our work. Indeed, we share many of your objectives and especially the elimination of barriers to mobility.
3. In terms of your proposed Activity Streams, we recognise the value of the guide dog service (Activity Stream 1) and we agree that the more that can be done to prevent deterioration in sight loss the better (Activity Stream 4).
4. Activity Streams 2, 3 and 5 are the most relevant to the interests of DPTAC. In Activity Stream 2 we note and agree the importance of sharing knowledge, encouraging innovation and disseminating best practice. In Activity Stream 3 we share your concern about public bodies which do not always seem to appreciate their obligations to disabled people. The heading to Activity Stream 5 speaks for itself - working with others. We too recognise the importance of identifying and working with partners and we look forward to many more years of continued collaboration.
5. We wish Guide Dogs well as you anticipate your next 10 years of service to blind and partially sighted people.