Equality Impact Assessments (EqIAs)
An equality impact assessment is an essential tool for promoting equality. Its purpose is to assess the impact of existing or proposed policies and activities and their effects on different groups of people. It ensures that we do not indirectly discriminate against any particular group(s) by anticipating the potential consequences and making sure that, as far as possible, any negative consequences are eliminated or minimised. Crucially it helps to identify where we can best promote equality of opportunity.
Completed equality impact assessments
You can read the equality impact assessments completed in DfT below. We will be updating this page regularly, adding more assessments as they are finalised.
- Equality Impact Assessment for the Blue Badge reform programme (PDF - 665 KB) Published: 14 February 2011
The following content is available from the Department for Transport web archive .
- Equality Impact Assessment into ending the Bus Service Operators Grant Coach Concession
- Equality Impact Assessment into 20 per cent cuts to the Bus Service Operators Grant
- Code of practice for the acceptable use of advanced imaging technology (security scanners) in an aviation security environment.
- VOSA and DVA powers to stop commercial vehicles for inspection at the roadside
- Roadside Facilities on the Strategic Road Network
- Consultation on draft regulations which amend the Motor Fuel Regulations 1999 to implement European Directive 2009/30/EC with respect to Fuel Quality
- High Speed Two - Exceptional Hardship Scheme Consultation
- The EC Air Services Regulation: consultation on pricing enforcement regime and leasing appeals
- European regulation on new van CO2 emissions
- Consultation on the transposition of Directive 2008/57/EC on the interoperability of the rail system
- Amendment to the Safety at Street Works and Road Works Code of Practice Consultation
- Improving Bus Passenger Services through the Regulatory Framework
- Consultation on proposed changes to laws governing powered mobility vehicles
- Consultation on the Amendment to the Charges for Unreasonably Prolonged Occupation of the Highways
- The Street Works (Inspection Fees) (England) Regulations 2010 Consultation
- Electrically assisted pedal cycles consultation
- Regulating Air Transport: Consultation on Proposals to Update the Regulatory Framework for Aviation
- Consultation on proposed amendment to the Civil Aviation Regulations 2004
- Consultation on regulation EC300/2008 - Aviation Security Derogations
- Consultation on the draft ports national policy statement and associated documents
- Promoting Financial Resilience for Major Airports: A consultation document
- Consultation on proposals to increase maximum MOT test fees
- Consultation document on the rail passengers' rights and obligations regulations 2009
- European Regulation on new car CO2 emissions
- Overseas criminal record checks for transport workers
- Adding capacity at Heathrow airport: Equalities Impact Assessment
- Crossrail Equality Impact Assessments
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre.
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
For related documents, pages and internet links, see the column on the right.