Main inspection documents for inspectors
Main inspection documents
The main inspection documents are available via their own pages. Click on a link to be taken to the page where you will be able to download the document.
Every term, some documents are updated. Schools inspection documents: summary of changes has details of the latest amendments.
- Framework for school inspection
- The evaluation schedule for schools
- Conducting school inspections
- Pre-inspection briefing
- Report template for inspections of all-through, primary, secondary and special schools and pupil referral units
- Report template for inspections of nursery schools
- Report writing guidance
- Evidence form
- Form 1 – confirmation that a school is causing concern or is no longer causing concern
- Tackling the SEF
Statutory guidance for schools causing concern - this is available from the schools causing concern page on the Department for Education website