Before contacting us, you may find the answer you are looking for in our current list of frequently asked questions.
To contact us by email
To call us
- 0300 123 4234 about education or adult skills
- 0300 123 4666 if you want to make a complaint or have a concern about any service Ofsted inspects or regulates (8.00am to 6.00pm)
- 0300 123 1231 about children’s services or any other aspect of our work
- 18001 prefix for Typetalk
- 60085 for text messages. Please note that in instances where we are unable to send a full reply by text message - for example, if the reply will be very long - we will send a text message offering to telephone you to discuss your query
- 0161 618 8524 for textphone/Minicom users
- 0300 123 3155 is the number for our whistleblowers hotline currently being piloted. However before you call please read the whistleblowers page on the left
These helplines are available from 8.00am to 6.45pm, Monday to Friday.
To write to us
To order Ofsted publications
The majority of Ofsted's reports and publications can be downloaded free from our website.
A small number of documents and publications are also available in printed format. The web page for each publication gives details if a printed version is available.
Printed publications should be ordered from the Ofsted publications centre:
- telephone 07002 637833
- fax 07002 693274.
If you would like a version of one of our publications in an alternative format, such as Braille or large print, please telephone 0300 123 1231 or email email@example.com.
Ofsted News is our free online magazine for all the services we inspect and regulate; it is monthly.
talisman is our free newspaper for employees and learners in the learning and skills sector; it comes out 10 times a year. You can subscribe to either receive a copy in the post or to receive an email when the latest issue is published, with a link to a PDF version to download.