Guidance and good practice
Guidance for producing full Local Transport Plans and annual progress reports.
This is final guidance to support local transport authorities in developing and delivering their statutory statutory Local Transport Plans.
Effective scheme prioritisation is a challenging process for local authorities and there is little specific guidance on how they should prioritise smaller integrated transport schemes, which collectively make up a significant proportion of LTP expenditure. This Advice focuses on the prioritisation of expenditure on capital-based LTP Integrated Transport schemes.
Guidance on full local transport plans.
The following content is available from the Department for Transport web archive .
- Preparation of Final Local Transport Plans: Next Steps (PDF - 27 KB)
- Final Guidance on LTP1 delivery report
- Guidance on Second Local Transport Plan (LTP2) Progress Reports (2008)
- Guidance On Preparing Bus Strategies
- Local Transport Plans Policy Evaluation
- Technical guidance
- LTP Annual Progress Reports - Fifth Edition (2005)
- LTP Annual Progress Reports - Fourth Edition (2004)
- LTP Annual Progress Reports - Third Edition (2003)
- LTP Annual Progress Reports- Second Edition (2002)
- LTP Annual Progress Reports - First Edition (2001)
- Meeting Targets Through Transport (PDF 3072 KB)
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre .
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.