Service Assurance Manager - Security
Summary Information for vacancy - reference 713551
£49168 - £54861 Per Annum
BS1 5AH, Bristol, South West
03 June 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
We’re looking for a senior Information Technology security specialist to take responsibility for managing the quality of service delivered by our external partners and provide IT Security consultancy within CIS.
You'll work closely with suppliers and Agency specialists to ensure that a robust, secure and supportable service is maintained in line with quality standards and plans. You'll represent Corporate Information Services (CIS) in various security working groups and boards including the Agency’s Security Management Board.
The CIS Service Delivery Management Team ensures that our outsourced service provider delivers its service to the agreed service levels.
As a key part of that management team, reporting to the Head of Service Delivery, you'll ensure that the supplier meets all of its security obligations both in terms of day to day service and when new services and changes are introduced.
We’re seeking a Service Assurance Manager (Security) with extensive knowledge and experience in I.T. security at the enterprise level. You’ll be qualified to at least degree standard (or equivalent) and have a relevant IT Security qualification.
You should be able to demonstrate -
• experience of previous working relationships with suppliers in a service assurance role;
• experience of assuring senior management of supplier performance, and for recommending, designing and driving delivery through others by the use of service improvement plans;
• substantial experience within IT, including a number of years in operational technical security and in security management, at a senior and influential level;
• ability to effectively communicate detailed technical situations, particularly service problems, to a non technical audience
• ability to get the best from others by influencing and persuading those not under direct control.
The role will be based at the Bristol head office. There will be occasional and often unscheduled travel across the country to carry out security work and attend meetings. As a result the post requires a full UK driving licence.
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.environment-agency.gov.uk/jobs quoting job reference number 713551.