From 7 April to 5 May the site is open for your thoughts on regulation in the retail sector – and how we can cut it.
Are you a shopkeeper suffering from too much red tape? Is your franchise being held back by regulation?
Retail sector champion
Highly respected in the Retail industry, Dr Kevin Hawkins, OBE, is championing the Red Tape Challenge during the first theme.
The Red Tape Challenge, he says, “is an opportunity that is too good to miss.”
Find out more.
Some regulations affect all sectors, from rules on health and safety to those on employment.
We’re inviting your comments on these throughout the process.
How it works
1. We publish
Every few weeks we publish all the regulations affecting one specific sector or industry
2. You respond
You tell us what’s working and what’s NOT, what can be simplified and what can be scrapped
3. We act
Based on your feedback, we start getting rid of unnecessary red tape
What’s coming up
- 6 May Hospitality, food and drink
- 20 May Road transportation
- 2 June Fisheries, marine enterprises and internal waterways
- 16 June Manufacturing
- 23 June Healthy living and social care
- 7 July Media and creative services
- 21 July Utilities and energy
- 4 August Rail and merchant shipping
- 18 August Mining and quarrying
The PM’s speech on deregulation