Welcome to the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee website.
The Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee (DPTAC) is an independent body established by the Transport Act 1985 to advise Government on the transport needs of disabled people. This website provides information on who DPTAC are and what DPTAC does in its role in advising the Government.
Useful transport and travel Information for disabled and less mobile people can be found within the DPTAC publication Accessible Travel, on the Directgov website and on the DPTAC Door-To-Door website. Information on accessible transport policy can be found on the Department for Transport website.
- 15.04.11: Response to DfT Consultation on the Application of Part 3 of the Equality Act 2010 in Relation to Transporting People by Ship or Hovercraft
- 01.04.11: Accessible Travel - Information for Disabled and Less Mobile People (DPTAC publication)
- 08.02.11: Response to DWP Consultation on Disability Living Allowance Reforms
- 05.01.11: OBE for Ann Bates (Press notice)
- 13.12.10: Minutes of Main Committee Meeting Held on 08 September 2010
- 01.11.10: DPTAC Response to the Government Public Bodies Bill Announcement (Press notice)