This report fulfills the requirement of article 19(2) of the Renewable Energy Directive (Directive 2009/28/EC). The report provides regional level estimates of greenhouse gas emissions arising from cultivation of biofuels feedstocks in the UK and identifies those regions of the UK where the Renewable Energy Directive default cultivation values can be used.
- 10 January 2011
Minutes and agendas from meetings.
The UK reports annually to the European Commision under Article 4 of the Biofuels Directive (2003/30/EC) on the promotion of the use of biofuels or other renewable fuels for transport. These reports fulfil the UK's obligation to report to the European Commission by 1 July each year on the effectiveness of the UK Government's support for biofuels during the previous calender year.
The following content is available from the Department for Transport web archive .
- Advice on impacts of Government support for biodiesel production from Tallow (PDF - 727 KB)
- Annex A - Programme of activities and principal deliverables (PDF - 27 KB)
- Chapter 6 of Energy Review (PDF - 72 KB)
- Government Recommendation to the Office of the Renewable Fuels Agency (PDF - 1480 KB)
- RTFO Programme documents
- Stakeholder workshops, presentations and letters
- Review of indirect impacts terms of reference for biofuels review
- Summary of responses to Part Two of the Consultation on the Draft RTFO (Amendment) Order 2009 (PDF - 59 KB)
- Summary of responses to Part One of the Consultation on the Draft RTFO (Amendment) Order 2009
- Summary of responses to consultation on RTFO's carbon and sustainability reporting requirements
- Terms of reference for Carbon and Sustainability reporting advisory groups
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre .
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
For related documents, pages and internet links, see the column on the right.