We welcome lively discussion on these pages, but ask you to please bear in mind our guidelines when submitting comments.
These pages are about the Never Events proposals. The purpose of this consultation is to seek the help of those working in the NHS, patients and the public in developing this policy.
All comments will be considered before the consultation response is published.
We pre-moderate all comments submitted to this site.
‘Pre-moderation’ means that comments will not be published instantly. Comments will be checked first my moderators who will monitor the site during normal working hours and aim to process comments as quickly as possible.
This is not about censoring your views. The aim is to ensure that comments relate to the Never Events proposals. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion.
We will normally approve comments for publication as long as they:
- are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are not related to quality and productivity
- respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or any other personal characteristic
- don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are not party political in nature. This is a Government website and comments used for party political purposes cannot be published for propriety reasons
- don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- are in English – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
- if you are aged 16 or under, please get you parent/ guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time. Where we choose not to publish a comment for a reason other than those listed above, we will reply to the commenter by email explaining our reason and inviting them to make appropriate changes so that the comment can be reconsidered.