Getting assistance from the United Kingdom

Here are some basic guidelines and contact information for those needing assistance in the UK.

If you have questions about how to make a request to any part of the UK, read part one of the mutual legal assistance guidelines (8th edition).

There is also a search warrant template that you can use to request a search be carried out in England and Wales.

Mutal legal assistance guidelines

Where to send your request

Judicial authorities, prosecuting authorities and central authorities may send requests directly to one of these authorities:

For assistance in England and Wales and Northern Ireland

UK Central Authority
5th Floor Fry Building
2 Marsham Street
Fax: +44 20 7035 6985
Telephone: +44 20 7035 4040

For assistance in Scotland

International Co-operation Unit
Crown Office
25 Chambers Street

Tel: +44 131 243 8152
Fax: +44 131 243 8153

Revenue and customs matters

Mutal legal assistance matters relating to fiscal matters, such as the smuggling of tobacco and alcohol, intellectual property rights, strategic exports and indirect taxes (including VAT missing trader intra-community fraud) and related money-laundering, should be sent to HM Revenue & Customs at the address provided below.

HM Revenue & Customs
Mutual Legal Assistance
Room 2/74
100 Parliament Street
London SW1A 2BQ

Urgent mutal legal assistance requests can be faxed to +44 20 7147 0433

For assistance with these matters, email the MLA team at HM Revenue and Customs or call +44 20 7147 3843/3277

Requests for service of process related to such offences remain within the remit of the UK Central Authority.

Share |

Contact Us

UK Central Authority
Judicial Cooperation Unit
5th Floor
Fry Building
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF