Welcome to the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee website.
The Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee (DPTAC) is an independent body established by the Transport Act 1985 to advise Government on the transport needs of disabled people. This website provides information on who DPTAC are and what DPTAC does in its role in advising the Government.
Information on accessible transport policy can be found on the Department for Transport website. Useful transport and travel Information for disabled people and less mobile people can be found on DPTAC's Door-To-Door website, within DPTAC's publication Handy Travel Hints and on the Directgov website.
- 05.01.11: OBE for Ann Bates (Press notice)
- 13.12.10: Minutes of Main Committee Meeting held on 08 September 2010
- 01.11.10: DPTAC Response to Governments Public Bodies Bill Announcement (Press notice)
- 14.10.10: Response to DfT Consultation on Reforming Rail Franchising
- 14.09.10: Minutes of Main Committee Meeting held on 09 June 2010
- 14.09.10: Response to DfT Consultation on Improving Bus Passenger Services Through the Regulatory Framework