On 25 November, to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, the coalition government launched a paper outlining their ambition and guiding principles to tackle violence against women and girls.
The principles of this vision are to:
- prevent violence from happening by challenging the attitudes and behaviours which foster it and intervening early where possible to prevent it
- provide adequate support where violence does occur
- work in partnership to obtain the best outcome for victims and their families
- take action to reduce the risk to women and girls who are victims of these crimes and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice
Date: Thu Nov 25 10:00:00 GMT 2010
- Call to end violence against women and girls: action plan (PDF file - 345kb)
- Call to end violence against women and girls: equality impact assessment (PDF file - 266kb)
- Call to end violence against women and girls (PDF file - 1mb - Warning: large file)
- Call to end violence against women and girls - Welsh version (PDF file - 936kb)
- Government response to the Stern Review (PDF file - 312kb)
Adobe provide a free online tool which converts PDF files to text. To use this service visit http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html (new window)
To view a document in Adobe PDF format, you may first need to download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat reader (new window).