Information Office Assistant
Summary Information for vacancy - reference IOC301
House of Lords
£20815 - £25666 Per Annum
City of Westminster, Greater London, London
06 April 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
The aim of the Information Office is to promote a better understanding and knowledge of the role and work of the House of Lords as the second chamber of the UK Parliament. The Office provides an enquiry service to Members of the House, the public and press by telephone, e-mail and letter; produces publications about the role and work of the House; manages contacts with the press and media; supports the activities of the Parliamentary Education Service and supports the development of the Lord Speaker’s outreach programme.
The post-holder will assist with a range of duties in support of the press, publications and information functions of the office:
This post has no management responsibilities.
• participate in the Enquiry Service rota;
• update the Bills Knowledge Base and Calendar on the website;
• respond to e-mails from the public;
• input information onto the Information Office’s database/customer relationship management system.
• liaise with the storage and distribution contractor;
• to ensure minimum levels of stock on-site at all times;
• arrange direct mailings to internal and external audiences;
• support budget management;
• support records management;
• prepare and deliver information to Members as required;
• provide administrative support for the outreach programme;
• support the Office Manager in delivering the team’s responsibilities.
The successful candidate will:
Have excellent IS/IT skills including knowledge and experience of Windows 2000 and Office XP;
Have excellent organisational skills;
Be able to manage time effectively;
Be able to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
Be able to master and develop new concepts quickly;
Be prepared to help out with the work of the office, in addition to their own work, if required.
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C) including English and Mathematics, or equivalent qualifications.
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Please Return Forms by Wednesday 6 April 2011.
• Human Resources Office, House of Lords, London SW1A 0PW
• If you wish to email your application form, please send it to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us by mid-May 2011, you must assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Please note we do not accept any hand delivered applications for security reasons.
24031124209_APPLICATION FORM real 2011-03-24 v1.0.doc
24031124248_JD - External - Information Office Assistant 2011-03-22 v1-0.pdf