Health and Safety Executive

Frequently asked questions

Reporting accidents

Need to report an accident or injury? Find out exactly what you need to report and how to go about it.

More about accident reporting

Workplace temperature

What is the max/min workplace temperature? Learn about how workplace regulations apply to how hot or cold it can safely be whilst at work.

More about temperature

Working time regulations

What breaks am I entitled to under working time regulations?

More about working times

Asbestos licenses

Asbestos regulations ban anyone from carrying out work with asbestos unless they or someone they work for holds a licence granted by HSE.

More about Asbestos

When does CDM apply?

The CDM 2007 Regulations apply to most common building, civil engineering and engineering construction work.

More about CDM in projects

Directgov - Business Link