We have provided you with guidance and resourses for you to be able to generate the best possible publicity for your project
Publicity is important. It enables your project to tell people who you are, what you’re doing and how their community will benefit.
It also lets people know where their National Lottery money is being spent.
Full guidance can be found in our publicity guidance document How to create effective publicity - 584KB but here is some simple ideas:
1. Be clear about your objectives
- Why are you going to do it?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What are the key messages?
- Is now the right time?
- Have you got enough people to do it?
- Who is the target audience?
2. Plan what you want to do
- Know the days and times papers are published and their editorial deadlines.
- Be aware of how much time and effort is needed to write a news release and nominate a spokesperson.
- Make sure that your announcement is not before the Big Lottery Fund’s embargo date.
3. Involve people
- Share ideas for publicity with members of your group and encourage their input.
- Agree what the key messages will be.
- Before you send a news release to the press ask someone to check it.
- Ask members of your group if they want to get involved by having their photograph taken or being interviewed.
We are able to supply items such as t-shirts and balloons for projects openings and launch events.
Download the press release template in one of 3 colours:
The following documents will help you to publicise your grant: