Every child deserves the best start in life
|Areas||Application open/close dates||Minimum / maximum grants||Total available|
|UK||8 March 2011 - See programme details||- Around 20 grants of up to £900,000 each||Up to £20 million|
This is a targeted programme with limited resources. Around 20 partnerships will be invited to submit a full application in summer 2011. To express an interest in being considered for this programme, please use the materials available for download on this page.
Are you eligible?
For a chance to make a successful application, you need to be able answer yes to these statements:
- You are a partnership led by a voluntary or community organisation.
- You have a UK based bank account or building society account in the name of your organisation that requires at least two people to sign cheques or make a withdrawal.
- Your project must meet these outcomes:
- Improved outcomes for children in families with multiple and complex needs.
- New approaches to local delivery that demonstrate replicable models which lead to more effective, tailored and joined up support to families with multiple and complex needs.
- Improved learning and sharing of best practice between public services and voluntary and community sector organisations.
- You have the support of your local authority (Community Planning Partnership in Scotland, Health and Social Care Trust in Northern Ireland)
What to do next
- Read the guidance documents in full
- Check our list of eligible local authority areas
- If you have more questions, look at our questions and answers page
- If you are eligible, download a copy of the expression of interest The expression of interest form for the Improving Futures programme. - 652KB form
- Join the Community of Practice
- Not eligible? Please look at our other funding programmes, or programmes from other Lottery funders
If you are unsure of how to apply or have questions about eligibility, please call 0845 4 10 20 30 or email email@example.com
As you begin to think about the detail behind your expression of interest you can also contact Local Government Improvement and Development (LGID) with any questions relating to the development of your partnerships and projects on 0207 296 6880 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expression of Interest materials
- Expression of interest form The expression of interest form for the Improving Futures programme. - 652KB
- Expression of interest guidance Guidance for the expression of interest form for the Improving Futures programme. - 253KB
- Supplementary guidance (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, England) Suuplementary guide for the Improving Futures programme. - 132KB
- Supplementary guidance (for local authorities in Wales and England; Community Planning Partnerships in Scotland; Health and Social Care Trusts in Northern Ireland) Supplementary guide for the Improving Futures programme. - 118KB
- Local authority areas Improving Futures local authority areas. - 29KB