NHS Bulletin January 2011
Message from NHS Chief Executive
Welcome to the January edition of the NHS Wales Bulletin.
2011 will mark the continuation of our journey to improve the quality of services that we provide, and on that note I am pleased to outline five values that have been developed with Chief Executives to underpin the activities of NHS Wales:
- Putting quality and safety above all else: providing high value evidence based care for our patients at all times.
- Integrating improvement into everyday working and eliminating harm, variation and waste.
- Focusing on prevention, health improvement and inequality as key to sustainable development, wellness and wellbeing for future generations of the people of Wales.
- Working in true partnerships with partner organisations and with our staff.
- Investing in our staff through training and development, enabling them to influence decisions and providing them with the tools, systems and environment to work safely and effectively.