The Legal Services Commission (LSC) runs the legal aid scheme in England and Wales.
We work in partnership with solicitors and not-for-profit organisations to provide information, advice and legal representation to people in need.
We also make sure that people get the information, advice and legal help they need to deal with a wide range of problems.
Our vision is to make sure clients can access the help they need to address their legal problems.
Each year the LSC helps more than two million people to deal with their legal problems.
For free, confidential and independent legal advice visit the Community Legal Advice website.
The LSC itself is unable to provide legal advice or information. Case specific queries should be directed to your local office.
- Find out about legal aid in your area
- How our organisation is structured and how we work
- How we are transforming legal aid with our reform programme
- How we are transforming ourselves and improving efficiency
- Read LSC publications including our annual report and corporate plan
- Read about how we manage information under our commitment to freedom of information and data protection
- Find out about our customer service standards and commitments
- Visit our newsroom for press releases, media contacts and resources for journalists
Last updated: 10 November 2009