Closing date: 22 February 2011
Location: Ipswich Magistrates Court, Elm Street, Ipswich, IP1 2AP
Salary: Starting at £15,935 with the potential to rise to £18,529 in time.
Fixed Term appointment. initially for a period of 6 months with the possibility of an extension or conversion to permanancy, subject to business needs.
Full time, 37 hours per week excluding meal breaks.
This post is a Band E Administrative Officer role for the Case Management Team at Ipswich Magistrates Court. This court is the Centralised Administrative Office for Suffolk. The Post holder will be responsible for ensuring the efficient use of court time, legal adviser resources and Justices rota. Case Progression duties in respect of trials, criminal arrest warrants and breach warrants will also be undertaken.
1. Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
2. Producing court/tribunal documents.
3. Preparing files for court/tribunal hearings.
4. Answering queries (telephone/written correspondence/face-to-face).
5. Serving customers/court users.
6. General photocopying and filing.
7. Dealing with numerical calculations.
8. Post opening.
9. General ad hoc office duties
5 GCSEs including English Language or relevant admin experience