26 November 2009
Brent Magistrates’ Court, 448 High Road, London, NW10 2DZ
Croydon Magistrates’ Court, Barclay Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 3NG
Richmond Magistrates’ Court, Parkshot, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2RF
Stratford Magistrates’ Court, 389-397 High Street, London, E15 4SB
Each court will host a lively programme of activities including opportunities to:
- take part in mock hearings about contact and care
- meet professionals from the agencies involved with the family courts
- learn about family court orders
- ask questions and understand the role of court staff
- enjoy interactive play over the internet with Dad’s Space; a new initiative to provide safe contact for children with a non resident parent.
- browse exhibition stands from numerous agencies involved in working with children.
- enter a children’s activities area for younger visitors
Entry and activities are free of charge and no advance booking is required. With lots to see and do the Open Day promises to be of interest to all age ranges.
For further details or want to become involved contact the organisers at email@example.com
Redbridge Magistrates’ Court, 850 Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, Ilford IG6 1HW.
What would it feel like to give evidence or judge when someone is guilty? Hundreds of adults and children are being given a fascinating opportunity to pass through the doors of Redbridge Courthouse on 6th June to learn about how the justice system works.
Visitors can look forward to a lively programme of events that includes:
Behind the scenes tours, including the courtrooms and prison cells
Watching and taking part in mock hearings, deciding on innocence or guilt and sentences to fit the crime
Meeting magistrates and finding out how to become one
Climbing on board a prison vehicle and ambulance
Seeing finger printing and tagging in action
There will be a gallery of display stands from our justice partners including Victim Support, Redbridge Probation Service, Redbridge Youth Offending Team and the local Police.
Entry and activities are free of charge, with no advanced booking required. For further details please contact Katrina Hutchins on 020 7291 2131.