Volunteer Fundraiser opportunities
Advicenow and Public Legal Education Network (Plenet) are looking for two fundraising volunteers to work with their small team to fundraise for the launch of a new charity dedicated to increasing public knowledge and awareness of rights and the law and helping people to stand up for themselves.
Both of these roles will provide the opportunity to gain skills and experience in
fundraising from trusts, corporate donors, and individuals. The post holders will take the lead in fundraising from trusts and foundations, and will assist with our corporate and individual fundraising drive. They will liaise closely with colleagues, partner organisations and CSR Managers to develop project proposals.
These posts are 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months, and will be based in offices near Liverpool Street, London.
• To work with Plenet and Advicenow's small team to develop the income from
trusts and foundations, corporate donors and individuals.
• To develop our relationships with trusts and foundations, corporate donors and individuals.
• To help research new funding opportunities.
• To develop and write fundraising proposals.
1. To help us put our fundraising strategy into action.
2. To identify, research and build funding relationships with trusts and foundations, CSR Managers, and individuals.
3. To research new funding opportunities.
4. To ensure that existing and new relationships with funders are managed and
maintained appropriately, including face to face meetings and written reporting.
5. To work with members of the Plenet and Advicenow teams and partner organisations to develop funding proposals.
6. To review and redevelop out of date funding applications.
7. To work with other members of the Plenet and Advicenow teams to develop
efficient fundraising systems and processes.
8. To provide general administrative support for fundraising purposes where
This volunteer role will develop your skills and experience in fundraising for those
looking to enter an increasingly competitive NGO sector. Skills and experience will be attained through mentoring, support and on the job learning.
Professional references on successful completion of placement.
Structure of role
You will join Advicenow and Plenet's team of 6 people and will be based at their offices near Liverpool Street, London.
Both posts are designed to be 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months, although we will do our best to be flexible if you have work, home or study commitments.
1. Experience of working on multiple projects.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Able to think laterally and produce original materials.
5. Excellent attention to detail.
6. Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment.
1. Experience in fundraising or related field.
2. Proven track record of being able to conduct effective research.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft applications including excel, access and database
5. Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage a
6. varied workload.
7. Understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities.
8. Commitment to increasing public knowledge and awareness of rights and the law and helping people to stand up for themselves.
About Advicenow and Plenet
Plenet and Advicenow are projects within Advice Services Alliance.
Together, they provide a comprehensive resource on information and learning
on rights and the law for both members of the public and professionals.
Our joint intention is to form an independent charity dedicated to public legal education in 2011 and this is central to our fundraising drive. Our combined experience and expertise will establish a recognised centre of excellence for public legal education both in the UK and internationally.
Advicenow is an award-winning, independent, not-for-profit website that has been providing innovative user-friendly information on rights and the law to the
public since 2003. We go beyond traditional information provision. Our emphasis has always been on developing and testing dynamic new ways of getting help to people where and when they need it the most.
Plenet was launched in 2008 to bring together people working in the field of public legal education to improve both its quality and reach. The network is the leading body supporting practitioners and researchers. Our membership includes over 500 organisations and individuals from statutory bodies, not-for-profit organisations, legal professionals, researchers, educators and campaigners.
Please send a brief letter outlining why you are the right person for this role (with reference to the person specification) with your CV to the address below to reach us by January 1st 2011.
The address is Advicenow, 6th Floor, 63 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8AA or email@example.com.
We aim to hold interviews on January 7th - do let us know if you would not be available on this day.