For patients and carers
What is the Scottish Stroke Care Audit?The Scottish Stroke Care Audit checks the quality of stroke care in hospitals in Scotland.
About 15,000 people have a new stroke in Scotland each year. There is strong evidence that well organised stroke care improves the outcome for stroke patients.
Hospitals across Scotland routinely collect information about stroke.
● How many people have a new stroke?
● How quickly do people go to hospital?
● Do they go to a Stroke Unit?
● When do they have a brain scan?
● When do they start on medical treatment (for example aspirin)?