This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.
Jump to site navigation [j]

Contact us

UK Border Agency

I have a question or comment about immigration, visas, protection (asylum) or smuggling

The UK Border Agency is responsible for securing the UK, controlling migration to the UK and enforcing immigration and customs law.

Ministry of Justice

I have a question or comment on prisons, probation or criminal justice

The Ministry of Justice is responsible for the justice system - sentencing, the courts, prisons and probation services.

Direct gov

I have a question or comment about passports

Directgov has all the information you need on how to apply for a passport.

Independent Police Complaints Commission

I want to make a complaint about the police

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is responsible for ensuring complaints about the police are dealt with effectively.

Home Office

I have a question or comment about the Home Office or its policies

The Home Office is the lead government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, counter-terrorism and police.

Home Office websites