Jump to content

Welcome to the UK Border Agency

The UK Border Agency is responsible for securing the UK border and controlling migration in the UK. We manage border control for the UK, enforcing immigration and customs regulations. We also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the UK, and for citizenship and asylum.

English language for migrant partners

New requirement was introduced on 29 November 2010

Non-European migrants must show that they can speak and understand English if they want to enter or remain in the UK as the partners of British citizens or people settled here.

Back to top