The National Customer Representative Liaison Froum (NCRLF) and the Unified User Group for Scotland (UUGS) include representatives from NACAB, CPAG, the Council on Tribunals, RNID and senior represenatives from the Social Security and Child Support who meet to discuss issues affecting users of the Social Security and Child Support .
National Customer Representative Liaison Forum
Terms of reference
- 1. To provide a joint national forum in England and Wales between the appeal tribunals Social Security and Child Support (SSCS), The Upper Tribunal and representatives of users of their services in an environment where participants can discuss and resolve issues affecting users. This will ensure that:
- customer representative groups have the opportunity to raise any issues of national concern and provide feedback on current levels of service delivery and new initiatives;
- customer representative groups are involved in the development of service improvements and are able to advise on the effects on appellants of changes made to the way services are delivered; and
- the appeal tribunals and the Upper Tribunal can provide updates on performance and operational policy and promote awareness of initiatives designed to improve the services provided to users.
- 2. To act as a forum for discussion, as and when appropriate, on issues of diversity. To encourage a partnership in meeting the Tribunals Service’s general duties under the relevant legislation relating to diversity issues.
Minutes from last NCRLF meetings
Unified User Group for Scotland
Terms of reference
The objectives and terms of reference of the Unified User Group for Scotland reflect those of the National Customer Representative Liaison Forum, but from a Scottish perspective. Meetings are held in Edinburgh and Glasgow alternatively, and are chaired by the Judge of Upper Tribunal and the Regional Tribunal Judge respectively.
Minutes from last UUGS meetings