Please note that from 15 February 2010 all references to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) in these leaflets should be read as Tribunal Service – Immigration and Asylum. The Tribunals Service is undertaking a review of all leaflets in 2010 and these will be updated in due course.
Also note that the leaflet "Guide to Appeals" that is mentioned in Hearing Centre leaflets is no longer available.
You are welcome to visit the hearing centre before your hearing. Please call the Customer Service Centre for details of public access to the Hearing centre or the hearing rooms.
You should arrive at the tribunal centre at least 20 minutes before your hearing time. Snacks, sandwiches and meals are available from nearby shops and restaurants. Alternatively, you may want to bring your own food. Please ask at reception and they will direct you to the nearest shops and advise you of the areas in the centre where you may eat. Please note that we do not allow hot food to be consumed on the premises (unless an onsite restaurant has been provided).
Hearing centres A to Z
- Belfast (Adobe PDF file size 697kb)
- Please note that the map is slightly incorrect; the Hearing Centre venue is located approximately 200 yards further up Victoria Street opposite the Royal Courts of Justice.
- Birmingham (Adobe PDF file size 243kb)
Please note We strongly advise against travel to Birmingham Asylum and Immigration Tribunal by car as there are no parking facilities. Cars parked on the highway are parked entirely at their owners´ risk. Police do remove cars parked illegally. An alternative is to use car parks in nearby Solihull and then use public transport. AIT Birmingham, West Bromwich Magistrates Court, Lombard Street West, West Bromwich, B70 8ED.
- Bradford (Adobe PDF file size 766kb)
- Bromley (Adobe PDF file size 648kb)
- Field House (Adobe PDF file size 272kb)
- Please note complaints should be sent for the attention of the Complaints Department, Asylum and Immigration Tribunal 15 Breams Buildings London EC4A 1DZ, not to the address noted in the Hearing Centre leaflet." The fax number stated on the Field House leaflet is incorrect, the correct number is 0207 073 0348.
- Glasgow (Adobe PDF file size 852kb)
- Harmondsworth (Adobe PDF file size 575kb)
- Hatton Cross – York and Gloucester House (Adobe PDF file size 689kb)
- Manchester (Adobe PDF file size 822kb)
- Newport (Adobe PDF file size 292kb) Casnewydd
There is ample parking available at the hearing centre if you are travelling by car.
Bus numbers 73 and 74 no longer stop at the hearing centre. Bus number 64 leaves the station every 60 minutes. You can also take the number 9 bus from Newport Bus Station to Langstone Business Park. Ask the driver to stop at the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal. This bus runs at 9.05 and 9.35 from the bus station to Langstone Business Park and at 13 minutes past and 43 minutes to the hour from Langstone Business Park back to Newport Bus Station. The Pensions Appeal Tribunal no longer have a suite at Columbus House.
- North Shields (Adobe PDF file size 668kb)
- Nottingham Please note Nottingham will be running 2 courts at Nottingham Magistrates Court & a court at Byron House, off Maid Marion Way.
- Nottingham Magistrates Court
- Nottingham, Byron House
- Stoke-on-Trent (Adobe PDF file size 410kb)
- Sutton Please note this link will forward you to the Social Security and Child Support website
- Taylor House (Adobe PDF file size 757kb)
- Walsall (Adobe PDF file size 654kb)