- Lord Chancellor's report
28 January 2011
The first report to Parliament from the Lord Chancellor on the implementation of Law Commission proposals has been published.
- Capital and Income in Trusts
17 January 2011
The Government has announced its decision to take forward reforms based on our 2009 report Capital and Income in Trusts: Classification and Apportionment.
- The Future for Pre-nuptial Agreements
11 January 2011
We have launched our consultation paper. Closing date for responses: 11/04/11.
- Reforming insurance contract law - latest news
15 December 2010
We have published a summary of the responses to our Issues Paper 7 (The Insuredís Post-Contractual Duty of Good Faith)
New programme of law reform
- Commissioners will review all the proposals arising from the recent consultation before drawing up a list of potential projects for the Eleventh Programme.
- We are grateful to all of you who have sent us your ideas. The consultation period is now closed.
- As set out in the Law Commissions Act 1965, the Lord Chancellor will decide the final contents of the Programme. We expect this to be in early summer 2011.
General comments or queries / questions about the Eleventh Programme
Please feel free to contact us (telephone 020 3334 0255).
What are our current / previous projects?
You will find details on the following pages
About the Law Commission
The Law Commission is the statutory independent body created by the Law Commissions Act 1965 to keep the law under review and to recommend reform where it is needed. Visit the About page for more information.