XHIBIT Daily Court Status - Court List
What is XHIBIT..?
XHIBIT improves the daily business of every Crown Court in England and Wales by providing hearing information to those who need it within minutes.
XHIBIT is the first step in joining-up the Criminal JusticeSystem.
'The potential of this system is immense. It will revolutionise the way we work and think.' - Julie Puddy, HM Young Offender Institution Feltham
What does XHIBIT do..?
Contributing to swifter justice, XHIBIT sends vital hearing information from the courtroom to:
- Victims and Witnesses
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Magistrates' Courts
- Youth Offending Teams
Paper records and hand written logs will be a thing of the past as Court Clerks record Crown Court events as they happen using new technology in every court.
'Being able to have up to date information at the press of a few buttons is fabulous.' - Sandra Gafney, Deputy List Officer
Potential Benefits of XHIBIT
- Faster updating of the Police (PNC) National Computer
- Fewer unnecessary adjournments
- Fewer ineffective hearings
- Better witness management
- Distributing information much more efficiently across the Criminal Justice System (CJS)
- Reduced solicitor waiting times
- Improved experience of victims and witnesses
- Increased visibility of hearing progression
- Improved communication among court staff
'If you can deliver the right information this quickly, I can have it on PNC before the individual leaves the court building.' - David Sinclair, PNC resulting Bureau
The rollout of XHIBIT was completed on 31 March 2006.