The Complaint Handling and Enquiries Team welcomes feedback and will try to help with concerns/issues/enquiries you wish to raise. However:
- We do not have access to court records or files.
- We do not stock court forms or leaflets. Court forms are available from FormFinder
- If your enquiry is about a court case or proceedings taking place in a particular court you will need to contact the relevant court/office.
- Specialist enquiries relating to procedures in the courts and offices within the Royal Courts of Justice should be made to the relevant court/office.
- You can issue a claim for money of the possession of property online via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk (MCOL) or www.possessionclaim.gov.uk (PCOL).
- If you have a query or complaint about MCOL or PCOL, please contact the helpdesk on 0845 601 5935 or email CustomerService.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about court fees
- Information about probate.
- For information about bailiffs and enforcement officers, please see leaflet EX345 – About Bailiffs and Enforcement Officers
- For Traffic Enforcement Centre queries please contact 0845 704 5007 or email email@example.com
- Court of Protection enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For insolvency queries please see the Insolvency Service website http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/
Decrees AbsoluteThe central index for all Decrees Absolute can be contacted at PRFD.email@example.com or by telephone on 020 7947 7017.
Appeals and advice
- If you are unhappy about a decision made by the judiciary (magistrates or judge), your next step is to appeal to a judge in a higher court. More information on how to do this can be obtained by contacting court staff or reading leaflet Ex340 – I want to Appeal – what should I do?
- If you wish to complain about the conduct (behaviour) of a judge, this is dealt with by the Office for Judicial Complaints.
- Court staff can advise you on court procedure and general matters. Independent legal advice can be obtained from a solicitor, legal advice agency or from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Law Centre.
Other useful contacts
Central Recruitment - we only deal with queries relating to active recruitment campaigns
Court Funds Office
HMCS Film Unit
Jury Summoning Bureau
Ministry of Justice
National Mediation Helpline
Public Trust Office
Royal Courts of Justice
Contacting the Complaint Handling and Enquiries Team
Write to us at:
Complaint Handling and Enquiries Team
Zone C, 1st Floor,
102 Petty France,
Telephone: 0845 4568770
Fax number: 020 3334 4087
Disability Helpline: 0800 358 3506