- Before you visit
- Where to find us
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- What's on?
- Opening times
- Reading room changes
We hold a range of events, from free public talks on records of interest, to training courses for archivists and academics.
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, all our talks are available as podcasts.
Calendar of events
- 03 February 2011The Metropolitan Police: an introduction to records of service 1829-1958Free event
- 10 February 2011From crime to punishment: criminal records of our ancestors from the 18th and 19th centuriesFree event
- 17 February 2011The Second World War and Roche's expansion to the West: a Swiss pharmaceutical company in the United KingdomFree event
- 17 February 2011The National Archives User ForumFree event
- 19 February 2011CANCELLED - Pub history conferenceTicket event
- 24 February 2011Inheritance in Scotland - testaments and retoursFree event
- 03 March 2011Tracing your ancestorsFree event
- 17 March 2011The National Archives User ForumFree event
First-time visitorsWe hold 'New to Kew' sessions every day at 11:30 to introduce first-time visitors to the services available at The National Archives. There is no need to book and the sessions are free of charge.
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.