Bradford offers businesses a location with strong and growing sectors in information technology, financial services, digital industries, environmental technologies, cultural industries, chemicals, tourism and retail headquarters.
With commercial property prices, residential property prices and the cost of living amongst the lowest in the country, the city offers businesses a location with excellent cost benefits. Bradford is already home to companies such as Provident Financial, Hallmark UK, Denso Marston, Pace Electronics and one of the UK’s leading retailers Wm Morrisons.
With the youngest, fastest growing population outside London, Bradford has an excellent pool of talent to offer businesses. It’s the UK’s fifth largest city with 502,000 living within the city boundaries and just under 1.5 million people of working age located within a one hour drive of the city.
This combined with the University of Bradford providing leading research facilities and high quality graduates, in a wide range of subjects ensures businesses located in the area can access a highly skilled, talented and experienced workforce.
Living in the city ensures you can enjoy an exciting social scene and a host of thriving cultural venues all creating a vibrant modern atmosphere.
Set amongst some of the most spectacular countryside in England and yet one of the most affordable places to live in Britain, Bradford provides a strong business location.
• The city is benefiting from a £3bn regeneration scheme, making Bradford an ideal base for European and international business investment
• The city boasts a booming service sector and has a strong skills base in IT, financial services and environmental technologies
• Bradford is the 5th largest city in the UK
• The metals, minerals and chemicals industry has been predicted to grow over 36% during the next 10 years (15% above the national average)
• Bradford has the youngest, fastest growing population outside London. Its population is nearly 500,000 and is predicted to grow by 7,000 per annum
• 14% of households in Bradford speak more than 1 language
• Commercial property rents can be up to 60% less than London rates
• Wages are over 16% lower than the UK average and nearly 10% lower than the regional average
• A UNESCO centre of film, a strategic centre for the digital and new media industry with strengths in gaming and electronics
• Bradford is home to 190 foreign-owned companies from 27 countries
• Bradford School of Management is regularly ranked as one of Europe's leading business schools by the Financial Times
• Leeds Bradford Airport is only 7 miles from the city centre, flying to 70 destinations in 28 countries
Subscribe to our Enewsletter