The National Archives
Search The National Archives
Advanced search

The standard licence for the re-use of public sector information, including that which is covered by Crown copyright, is the Open Government Licence.

The re-use of information covered by Parliamentary copyright is permitted under the terms of the Parliamentary Click-Use Licence.

There is no charge for using information under the Open Government Licence or the Parliamentary Licence.

What you need to do

Details of the information covered by the Open Government Licence can be found under What the Open Government Licence covers. Further guidance on using information under the Open Government Licence can be viewed in our Guidance and FAQs section.

Before making a licence application to use Parliamentary copyright material please read the Parliamentary Licence information pages.

To apply for a Parliamentary Click-Use Licence visit Click Use, our online licensing system. First register with us for a user account. Registration is free and with your username and password you can login to your account to apply for licences and check what licences you have.