- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Every Child a Talker: Guidance for Consultants and Early Language Lead Practitioners (Third instalment)
- Publication date:
- Jan 2010
- Early years foundation stage practitioner, Early years leader
- Booklet, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (1.8 MB).
Every Child a Talker (ECAT) aims to:
- raise children's achievement in early language
- improve practitioners'skills and knowledge
- increase parental understanding and involvement in children's language development
ECAT is designed to help create a developmentally appropriate, supportive and stimulating environment in which children can enjoy experimenting with and learning language. It can be implemented whether children are in Early Years settings, with a childminder or at home with their parents. Through everyday, fun and interesting activities which reflect children's interests, ECAT will encourage early language development right from the outset, extending children's vocabulary and helping them build sentences so that before they start school, children are confident and skilled communicators.
These materials are designed to support in developing the role as a lead practitioner and in developing high quality language provision and are closely linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
This third instalment is aimed at both practitioners and consultants and contains 30 local authority case studies focusing on the journeys of children, parents and practitioners.
This publication may be available to order from:
Order from DfE Publications
PO Box 5050
Tel: 0845 60 222 60
Fax: 0845 60 333 60
Textphone: 0845 60 555 60
In this section
- Every Child a Talker: Guidance for Consultants and Early Language Lead Practitioners (Third instalment)
- Building Futures: Developing trust A focus on provision for children from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller backgrounds in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Early Reading curriculum CPD resources
- Early Years Quality Improvement Support Programme (EYQISP)
- Every Child a Talker: Guidance for Early Language Lead Practitioners (First instalment)
- Every Child a Talker: Guidance for Early Language Lead Practitioners (Second instalment)
- Inclusion Development Programme Supporting children with speech, language and communication needs: Guidance for practitioners in the Early Years Foundation Stage