- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Overcoming barriers in mathematics – Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Publication date:
- Jan 2009
- Education adviser, Headteacher, Inclusion staff, Lead intervention teacher, National Strategies consultant, Senior leadership team (SLT), Subject leader, Teacher
- Assessment resources, Continuing professional development (CPD), Guidance, Leadership, Management resources, Planning resources, Progression, Training materials, Initial teacher training (ITT), Teaching and learning
- Booklet, Key document, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (904 KB).
Booklet providing support and guidance on progression in mathematics across two levels with suggestions on how to use the Overcoming barriers CD-based resource.
These materials are structured around the strands and so link to the Blocks and Units in the Framework. They provide guidance on undertaking an initial identification of the barriers in mathematics that slow pupils' progress and limit their attainment. They include support for planning and teaching to help pupils to overcome the identified barriers, to re-assess their learning, and to enable pupils to recognize the progress they have made.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Day-to-day assessment in mathematics
- Gifted and Talented education: Guidance on addressing underachievement Planning a whole-school approach
- Guidance paper: Calculation
- Introduction to Assessing Pupils' Progress (APP)
- Leading partners in mathematics: Pilot project Bradford College
- Making effective use of Numbers and patterns: laying foundations in mathematics CPD
- Moving on with assessment in mathematics Developing classroom practice
- One-to-one tuition toolkit
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 2 to level 3
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 3 to level 4
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics helping children move from level 4 to level 5
- Progression guidance 200910
- Securing level 1 in mathematics
- Using ICT to explore and model mathematics: Number dials ITP CPD
- Using ICT to explore and model mathematics: Twenty cards ITP CPD