21st century teacher
Your learners are already engaging with technology both in and out of school. Are you?
Are you ready to meet the challenge?
Technology is taking all teachers on a journey:
- you may be at the beginning of the journey and want to explore technology more
- you may be using technology at the moment but want to review what you do
- you may want to develop areas in your use of technology to include in your continuing professional development (CPD) planning.
What do 21st century teachers do?
Find out what other teachers have been doing with technology in the classroom in these inspiring case studies.
A new 21st century teacher booklet will help you to consider the next steps to develop your professional use of technology. Supported by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA), the guide builds on the professional standards for teachers and demonstrates what effective practise using technology looks like.
As well as advice and guidance, the booklet contains case studies, useful resource links and a check list that will help you review your progress in using technology and identify actions to inform your professional development plan.
Information is available for specific subjects:
- English (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Maths (PDF, 0.5MB)
- Modern foreign languages (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Music (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Religious Education (PDF, 0.5MB)
- Science (PDF, 0.5MB)
Check your progress online
There is also an online version of the checklist that links directly to a host of useful resources to help you on your journey.
Helping you on your journey
For further help and ideas on how to turn your checklist into actions, try these useful links.